12 December 2012

Turrón and Chocolate Tartlets



And finally I come with a Christmas taste recipe! what better to start with a "turrón" treat? Turrón is a spanish Christmas delight, similar to nougat. There are a large variety of turrón but this time I used the one I like the most: the one called Xixona, which is soft and it is a paste of almonds, honey, eggs and sugar.
I told you in several times I love tartlets, so I decided to fill them with a mix of turrón and chocolate which combines perfect. I added a touch of Baileys to the chocolate which is also a good mix and Christmas is a good excuse to have a shot of this nice whisky cream. I bought the "turrón" in a jar, which comes ready to spread or bake. But is also easly to get the cream blending the whole piece.



INGREDIENTS makes 6
Pastry dough see here
150 ml heavy cream
190 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
4 tablespoons Baileys
6 tablespoons turrón cream (use penaut butter or speculoos cream instead)

Place the chopped chocolate into a bowl. Bring the heavy cream to boil on a medium saucepan over medium heat. Remove just when starts boiling and pour into the chocolate bowl. Stir until smooth, add the Baileys and let it cool until few minutes before to set the shell.

Put some chocolate mixture with turrón into the shell mixing with a frok giving a marble effect.
I topped with a cookie.

Serve cold.


Only 12 days left for Christmas eve 


No comments:

Post a Comment