17 January 2013

Dulce de Leche Tart



Here you have a very easy no-bake tart, probably you will take longer crushing the cookies (if you do it by hand like me) than mixing all the ingredients for the filling. I advise you this is not suitable for non sweet lovers, of course you can imagine that with the dulce de leche it is a quite sweet desert. But who can resist to this lovely argentinan delight? Definitely the diet I promissed myself after new year I can't carry it out. I have to confess I have one kitchen cupboard full of tins, jars and packs and much more stuff I've been storing and sometimes I even don't know in which recipe I am going to use it but they are there, just in case, that's my sentence: just in case. So it would be a pitty if I would not use them.




INGREDIENTS makes a 23 cm tin
225 gr oreo cookies
75 gr unsalted butter
250 ml whipped cream
275 gr condensed milk
25 gr dulce de leche plus pluse more for the topping
4 gelatin sheets

Crush the cookies and mix it with the melted butter, cover the tart tin pressing with the back of the spoon. Refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
Put the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes or follow the instructions of the manufacturer. Mix the condensed milk with the 25 gr of dulce de leche, and put a little part of this mixture to a pan just the enough to mix it with the gelatin, watch out do not overheat. Once the gelatin is completly disolved remove from heating and let it cool down completly before mix with the rest of the mixture.
In a separate bowl beat the cream with an electric whisk until it forms peaks. Add the cream to the  mixture and stir with and spatula gently until well combined.
Put a layer of dulce de leche on the bottom and cover with the mixture and level it with the spatula. Top with some drizzle of dulce de leche and make lines with a skewer to create a nice effect.
Refrigerate at least for 4 hours or overnight.




If you haven't participate to my giveaway you can do it pressing here.




No comments:

Post a Comment