25 March 2013

Coconut Cupcakes


If you like coconut you'll really enjoy these cupcakes. I love the moisture of the cake, it is so tasty and spongy. And topped with the shredded coconut flakes it's a great idea for Easter. I love walk around the store and have a look to all easter stuff, I would like to buy everything! When I saw this cute m&m's special eddition I could not wait to buy them, I love the colors. Latter I saw this idea in pinterest, specially from the blog of I heart nap time, so I had alreay the eggs to top my own cupcakes. For the cake I did my own coconut recipe.



INGREDIENTS makes 6-8 cupcakes
60 g unsalted butter at room temperature
100 g white sugar (I use caster)
1 large egg
100 g all-purpouse flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
120 ml coconut milk

Preheat the ovet to 180ยบ.
Sift the flour and the baking powder, set aside. Put the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream with and electric hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well. Add the flour alterning with the coconut milk and beat on low speed until combined. 
Divide the mixture between the cupcakes cases. Bake 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out dry, or with just few crumbs, make sure you don't overbake or they will become so dry. Remove from the oven, let them in the tin for 5 minutes and finally let them cool completely in a wire rack before decorating.

Coconut Frosting:
30 g unsalted butter at room temperature
50 g cream cheese
100 g icing sugar
1 teaspoon whole milk
30 g shredded coconut flakes plus more for decorate

Sift the icing sugar in a separete bowl. Cream the butter until fluffy, add the sugar, the milk and  beat until well mixed, pale and fluffy. Add the cream cheese  continue mixing until thikens, finally add the coconut. 
Spread the frosting using a spatula on each cupcake and garnish with the coconut. For Easter time it is great to top them with some m&m easter eggs.

These cupcakes are best the day they are baked but they can be also stored in the refrigerator for a few days since it is necessary because of the cream cheese. Leave for a while on  room temperature before serving.






Enjoy and Happy Easter  

No comments:

Post a Comment