18 December 2013

Turrón Cheesecake

In few days is gonna be Christmas! Are you planning something special? I'm gonna spend the the Christmas in my town with my family, it is a tradition for me to be at home on Christmas, and I can't imagine such a special day away from home. On New Year I will be back in the Netherlands, New Year's eve is somthing complety different for me, somthing to share with friends and if I have the chance I like to travel, but this year, and once again new year's eve in the Netherlands. So what isn't miss these days of course is sweet traditional delights, and at home the most appreciated one is the turrón, which is a kind of nougat, this one made with honey and almonds. If you follow me you must know I love cheeescakes, and here it comes my version with turrón taste, and I can just tell you it tastes amazing. I used a turrón cream, this is something very usual in any big store in Spain, you can also use the normal turrón tablet and crush it with a food processor, anyway it will taste the same. 
Turrón Cheesecake
Makes a 20 cm tin
Base
200 g oreo cookies (or any other cookie)
60 g butter
Filling
400 g cream cheese
125 g sour cream or greek yogurt
75 g white sugar
3 large eggs
300 g turrón
20 g flour

Crush the cookies in a food processor or in a plastic bag, seal the bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Add the melted butter and mix together with a fork until well incorporated. Line the bottom and the sides of  a loose-bottomed tin with baking paper. Place this mixture in the tin and press with the bag of a spoon. Keep it in the fridge while we do the filling.

Preheat the oven to 160°.
If you are using a turrón bar put it in a food processor until well crunched, you can leave some pieces at your like, set aside.
Mix together the cream cheese and sugar with and electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add the eggs one by one and mix at the time until smooth, add the sour cream and mix. Add the turron cream and mix until well incorporated. Finally add the flour and mix just until combined, do not overmix after you add the flour. Pour the mixture into the preparated tin.

Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, without opening turn the temperature down to 90º and bake 40 minutes more or until the edges of the cheesecake have a light-golden colour. It should feel firm to the touch with a slight wobble in the center. Allow the cheesecake to cool down at room temperature in the tin and on a wire rack. Place it latter in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
Unmold before serving. Top with dusted powder sugar or any syrup at your taste.
To prevent the top from cracking, be careful not to overmix the batter and do not open the oven during the baking. 

Have a nice week 

1 comment:

  1. This is simply beautiful Raquel, I love it!!
    Merry Xmas to you & your family..
    Xx

    ReplyDelete