29 April 2014

Pear and Blue Cheese Tartlets


I´m back of my weekend in Madrid, so short but so intense. I met with old friends and also with food bloggers since it took place the Expotarta festival. Was nice to meet again with the girls of the magazine Ester, Marina, Alicia and Melania and finally meet Esther, Isa and Rebecca, a very nice experience and looking foward to go to another event very soon. 
And after a sweet weekend here I am with these savory tartlets. Few weeks ago I told you about my new book of savory tarts in this recipe and here is an other adapted suggestion which I specially recommend you if you love strong tastes. For the pears I used the recipe of my friend Ester of La Cuinera. You can use any other blue cheese you like the most, I chose a roquefort, but you can use gorgonzola or danish blue. If you don't like blue cheeses try with goat cheese it will taste delicious anyway!


Pear and Blue Cheese Tartlets
Serves 5
For the pastry:
100 g butter cold and cubed
150 g all-purpouse flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
a pinch of black peper
1 large egg

For the filling:
3 poached pears (I used this recipe, for english instructions you can follow this recipe)
100 g blue cheese
100 ml crème fraîche
1 large egg
salt and peper

For the instrucctions of the pastry you can check here.
Preheat the oven to 180º and prepare the molds with the pastry. 
For the filling mix in a bowl the crème fraîche with the beaten egg. Add some salt and peper and the crumbeled cheese. Fill the tarts with the mixture and top with sliced poeached pears. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top and the pastry gets slightly golden brown. 




Have a nice week  

No comments:

Post a Comment