16 April 2013

Flourless Chocolate Cake




Last Sunday I had visitors for the afternoon tea and I needed a quick recipe and immediately I thought about this cake which is really fast to do and the best it has only 4 ingredients. First time I did it I did not realize that would got directly to my top 10 recipe list. I just love it, as well as everybody who tasted it. It has a texture and flavor very similar to a brownie and it is delicious gluten-free choice. The fudgy and moist inside texture contrast with the edges and the crispy of the cover.   
I hope you enjoy it too!



INGREDIENTS makes a 23 cm tin
225g good quality dark chocolate chopped, I used 65%
100g unsalted butter
175g icing sugar, sifted
4 large eggs, separated

Preheat the oven to 180º  and prepare a loose-bottomed 23 cake tin.
Melt the chocolate and the butter in a heatproof bowl in a saucepan of simmering water and stir until melted. Set aside and let it cold completly.
Whisk the egg yolks and the icing sugar together until fluffy and creamy. Fold in the melted and cooled chocolate and beat until incorporated.
In a separate large bowl beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites gently and gradually into the mixture, in three times. 
Pour the batter in the greased tin and bake for 30 minutes, until the top is slightly cracked but it is still sticky in the center. Do not overbake otherwise your cake will turn dry. Let it cool completely on a wire rack before removing the tin.

Sprinkle with sifted icing sugar or cocoa powder. Serve with whipped cream, a scoop of ice cream or just like this :D

I found this recipe in this wonderful blog.


I do not know how long you can keep it, actually it never takes more than 2 days at home, I think you will not resist as well. Covered at room temperature will taste the same the day after baked. I've tried other versions of this recipe, but definitely this is the perfect one for my taste, other alternatives use too many eggs for my opinion, also sometimes cocoa powder. I think the essence of this cake is the fudgy and moist which gives the melted chocolate and if the cocoa is a good quality one it will not be necessary to add extra chocolate flavor. Just try it and let me know!




Enjoy 


No comments:

Post a Comment