01 October 2013

Pumpkin Cheesecake .


I am starting October with a recipe that suits perfect with this season. Autumn is here and I can't avoid to buy pumpkins at the store. They look so lovely and they taste even better. Last saturday after I got the pumpkins I went for a walk to a special place which I like a lot.  Now the trees are getting beautiful colors and I love to get lost in this forest, makes me fell I'm not in the Netherlands. I get so happy when I discover places like that, so not only green fields, flat landscapes, farms, cows and wind mills, there are other beautiful areas to explore in this country, it doesn't mean I don't like flat landscapes, but I come from an area surrounded by mountains, so that walk made me so happy. And later in the afternoon it was time to make this cheesecake. I love the taste of the spices, specially the clove and the nutmeg. If you rather would only use cinnamon it will also taste very nice as well.





INGREDIENTS makes a 20 cm tin
for the crust:
250 g cookie (I used cinnamon cookie, otherwise add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
90 g melted butter
for the filling:
400 g cream cheese
125 g sour cream
120 g white sugar (I use caster sugar)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
200 g pumpkin purée (you can follow this method)
caramel sauce for topping

Preheat the oven to 160º and prepare a loose-bottomed tin.
Crush the cookies in a food processor or in a plastic bag, seal the bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Mix together with the melted butter with a fork until well incorporated. Place this mixture in the greased tin and press with the bag of a spoon. Keep it in the fridge to set while we do the filling.

Mix the sugar with the ground spices and cream it with the cream cheese in a large bowl, using an spatula and a hand whisk, until lightly and fluffy, add the vanilla extract and whisk until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time,  mixing until each is incorporated before adding the next, and the sour cream. Mix in the flour, do not overmix. Finally stir in the pumkin purée.
Pour filling into the tin.Bake for 35 minutes until the edges of the cheesecake have a light-golden colour. It should feel firm to the touch with a slight wobble in the center. Allow the cheesecake to cool down at room temperature in the tin and on a wire rack and place it in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
Unmold before serving. Top with caramel sauce.

To prevent the top from cracking, be careful not to overmix the batter and do not open the oven during the baking. 



If you love pumkin as much as me I encourage you to try this loaf, these cupcakes or even  this jam.

Enjoy your week 


No comments:

Post a Comment