03 June 2014

Smoothie for the tan


I use to make smoothies quite often and now which summer days are coming I do smoothies even more often, almost everyday. I´m going on vacation tomorrow! yes! to Algarve, I´m really so excited, I know Portugal from Lisbon to the top of the country, but I never been in the south, so any recomendation will be welcome!
So I decided to prepare the skin for the sun. Take all your orange colour fruits and vegetables and blend them, it really helps. The experts say it is not necessary to spend money in artificial stuff from pharmacy or any other store, all we need is in the magic foods such as carrot, pumkin, mango, papaya, orange, tomato and much more all of them help to maximize the skin pigmentation, but do not forget your skin protection! Since few years ago my skin turned more sensitive, I´m not a person who gets tan, actually the other way around, I have quite a lot of freckles, so my skin could never get tan, but just to get some color, everybody looks much better with a light tan, don´t you think so?
I'm not going to give you the exactly amount of each ingredients because what I really do is mix all what I have and just ajust the ingredients at my taste.



Carrot and Mango Smoothie
frozen mango chunks (about 250 g)
carrots (about 3 or 4)
cucumber (half medium cucumber)
orange juice (2 oranges)


Blend all ingredients until smooth, you may want to add more liquid if the consistency is too thick, instead orange juice you can also use water.
Serve inmediately.

With these ingredients I did the one you can see in the pictures, but I like to include sometimes banana as well, it gives more sweetness. If you want you can add some teaspoons of honey or sweetener. 


If you like smoothies try as well with a green smoothie, I do not like to mix it milk or wather in there, instead I use juice such as lemon or orange. But a milky option which I love also are lassis.

Protect your skin and enjoy!

See you in two weeks and if you want you can follow me on instagram I will try to upload some pictures of my trip 

No comments:

Post a Comment