12 September 2012

Chocolate Pots with Cardamom and Cookies

Hello!!! I am back of my vacation, with some nostalgia of my trip, but this does not mean I had not missed your blogs,  and of course I missed my cooking moments in my kitchen. But my trip was amazing. I did more than 1700 pictures, I know is crazy, but I can not resist when I see somehting what I like to grab my camera and take a picture, to remember it forever. Somebody told me that important moments remain in your memory, but I can't control myself with a camara in my hands!

So here I am again with a lot to tell you, I would like to show you some pictures of my trip as well, but it will take some time until I prepare a nice post. At the moment here you have a quick and nice recipe.



This is actually a chocolate panna cotta, but I prefer to call them chocolate pots, since they are served in smalls pots. Instead of unmolding them onto a plate , I think is more easy to serve them. and this way you also avoid posibles cracks because I added chopped cookies. Personally I think the cookies give a great touch to this kind of dessert, but the special ingredient is cardamom.




Cardamom has a unique taste and is intensily aromatic. It is traditionally used in the Indian cousine, and it gives taste and aroma to a large varieties of plates such as rices, drinks, bread, currys and a lot of other dishes. I rather use cardamom pods than cardamon powder. Instead of cardamomo you can use other spices such as vanilla, cinnamon or even black peper.



I did not use sugar to make these chocolate pots but if you prefer you can add some. This dessert has a strong chocolate taste, perfect for chocolate lovers, but if you wish just use semisweet chocolate and do not add the cacao powder.

INGREDIENTS serves 4-5

250 ml heavy cream
150 ml milk (I used half fat)
125 g bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
4 sheets plain gelatin
4 cardamom pods or 1 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp pure cocoa powder (optional)
6 cookies (I used dark chocolate digestives)

Pour gelatin sheets into a bowl with cold water, or just follow the directions of manufacter depending on the kind of gelatin you will use.

Meanwhile, in a saucepan pour the heavy cream, the milk, the opened cardamom pods and the chopped chocolate and wisk over medium heat. Stir constantly until smooth. Drain the gelatin and add into the mixture. Stir until completly disolved and well blended.

Remove from the heat and strain the mixture. If you use cardamom powder add it now, stir and let it cold down. 

Once the mixture is completly cold add chopped cookies, stir and divide the mixture among the pots.

Refrigerate until set and thoroughly chilled, 3-4 hours or overnight.



Enjoy 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment