20 August 2012

Pink Lemonade

This is just like a normal lemonade but with an additon of colour, normally with grenadine or cranberry. But I used raspberry, since the result is the same, lemon with a light pink color. It is very easy to make, refreshing, perfect for summer days and if it is pink much better!



As you can see I put ice cubes with a raspberry inside, I think is gives a sophisticated touch. These ice cubes are so easy to make, and look very nice, I use to make them also with other berries or with menta leafs.




I am gonna show you two ways to make lemonade, one is the traditional, the other is not so common, looks strange but I assure you the result is fantastic.

INGREDIENTS

120 g sugar
2 cups lemon juice
1´5 litre cold water
4 raspberries crushed and strained
ice cubes

Mix sugar, lemon and water, finally add raspberries bit by bit until you get the prefered color.



The other option is: 

2 lemon well cleaned
120 g sugar
1'5 liter cold water
4 raspberries crushed and strained
ice cubes

Cut the lemons in 4 pieces and pit them. Mix all ingredients less the raspberries in a blender. Do not overbeat otherwise you get too much lemon taste. Finally add raspberries bit by bit until you get the prefered color.  You can strain the mixture if you prefer.

Traditionally I know you put directly the whole lemon in the blender, but I prefer to cut it first and pit it, and also much better for the blender.

If you want to do this second option I recomend you to use organic lemons, just to avoid all the additives. And much better to serve inmediatly, cause it could taste sauer after some hours. The first option you can keep it in the fridge for some days.




I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer, I go on holidays tomorrow and I will be back in the middle of september.

Lot of hugs  


1 comment:

  1. Hola!!!!
    Menudo color!!! se ve muy refrescante y apetecible. Una presentación fantástica.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete