08 May 2013

Banana Coconut Loaf



I'm back of my mini trip to Edinburgh, I really love this city and that time the experience was even better since I have some friends living there. If you are following me on facebook you will know I visited my friend Fernanda from the blog Fascinating Food, if you don't know her I totally recomend you visit her side, beside all her fabulous recipes you can explore some amazing places she visits.
I would like to show some of the places I've visited in my trip and some of the food I enjoyed, but this will be in a further post. So today I'm sharing with you this loaf. Once again I had some bananas that were already too ripe and I decided what better to make a lovely loaf? This time instead the buttermilk I put coconut milk and it was really delicious. And to make the loaf even better I added some chunked Bounty bars.




INGREDIENTS makes a 18 cm loaf tin
100 g butter at room temperature
175 g sugar
195 g plain flour
2 large eggs
2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
118 ml coconut milk, one cup
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
Bounty bars, chunks

Preheat the oven to 180ยบ and grease the loaf tin.
Sift the flour, the baking powder and the salt in a bowl, set aside. Cream the butter and the sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffly. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Add the sifted ingredients graduatlly in three addition, alternating with the banana and coconut milk and mix until just combined. Stir in the Bounty chunks and mix it with a spatula. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and level it out with a spatula.

Bake in the center of the oven for 40 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out with only few moist crumbs attached. Let cool for 15 minutes in the tin and after on a wire rack.

If your loaf gets darker on top before the inside is done cooking, cover it with aluminium foil.

You can also use loaf tin paper liners or just a baking paper on the bottom to unmold it better, but with the tin perfectly greased should be enough.





A slice of this loaf is perfect for breakfast or for the afternoon tea.

Enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment