14 May 2013

Dark Chocolate Cranberry Orange Cookies




Hello!! I was not expecting to share these cookies in the blog, it was just a test, but finally and with a little bit of rush I decided to make some shoots, even the result of the pictures is not the expected one. But you probably know the sun in this country is not always a good friend. Thanks God the days are getting longer and longer and when the sun shines, shines really hard, amazing but true! So yesterday I had a presentation in my Dutch class, and I wonder myself: what better to talk about my blog. Lesson learned: presentation at last moment is not always a good idea, even if you know about the materia, but in my case much less since I don't like public speaking. But at least I could delight the rest of the collegues with some of these cookies, and I think they enjoy them.
I'm saying it was a test because I wanted to try the dried cranberries a friend of mine gave away to me, so I took a Martha Stewart recipe, the original is with dried cherries, and I added some extra orange flavor. The result is absolutly delicious, dark chocolate combines perfectly with any red fruit, and the cookies are chewy and crunchy.



INGREDIENTS makes about 40 cookies
225 g all purpose flour
150 g unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon tsp salt
250 g unsalted butter at room temperature
250 g white sugar
150 g brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp orange zest
250 g dried cranberries
250 g dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 170ยบ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, the cocoa powder, the baking soda the salt and set aside. In the mixing bowl, stir together the butter and sugars and beat until fluffy. Mix in the eggs, the vanilla and the orange zest and mix until well combined.
Stir in the flour mixture,and beat on a low speed just until combined. Do not overbeat. Fold in dried cranberries and chocolate chips with a spatula.
Make balls using two spoons and put them onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave about 7 cm between cookies to allow for spread.  Bake about 11 minuts. Remove from the oven and transfer to cool completely on a wire rack.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.




Enjoy your week  

1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of chocolate, cranberry and orange cookies! These look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete